The Small Business Centre North West Metro is a great source of information for both new and existing businesses. We can provide you with reliable information and resources on a number of topics including but not limited to the items below.
Call in at your local office for a FREE half an hour consultation to ensure that you get your business off to a solid start. We can help you with everything from applying for an ABN, registering a business name and ensuring that you comply with licencing and other regulatory requirements.
We assist hundreds of existing businesses each year in a number of areas. If your business is undergoing change, doing something new for the first time, expanding or planning for the future, we can help. Call in at your local office for a FREE half an hour consultation.
The Small Business Centre North West Metro cannot offer financial advice to clients but can provide detailed information on a number of tax related topics. We can also refer you to local professionals in a number of fields. The Small Business Centre North West Metro also stocks a number of FREE ATO publications.
- ATO – Home Page
- ATO – Employers’ home page
- ATO – Guide to Superannuation for Employers
- ATO – GST Home
- ATO – Registering to use online services (AUSkey)
- ATO – Activity Statements Home
Leasing Commercial Premises
We always strongly advise taking independent legal advice before signing any legal document. The below guides give a background to commercial leasing in Western Australia
- Look Before You Lease: Avoiding the pitfalls in retail leasing (AusIndustry)
- Tenant Guide for New Retail Shop Leases (WA Dept of Commerce)
Employment legislation in Western Australia differs from the rest of the country in that we have both Federal and State legislation. Wageline deals with State Legislation and Fairwork deals with Federal Legislation.
- WA Dept of Commerce – Labour Relations
- Fairwork Australia
- Workers Compensation
- Workers Compensation: A Guide for Employers
- Department of Commerce (Worksafe)
- Occupational Safety and Health (Safetyline)
Other useful Links:
- WA Government Agencies
- IP Australia
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Securities & Investments Commission
- Department of Commerce
Local Government Authorities